Location: London, close to Victoria station
Salary: £29,000 + incentive (with Peoples Pension)
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
About Investors in People
Working at Investors in People has the heritage of an organisation delivering a leading product with a reputation to match with the immersive and engaging culture of a start-up.
Since becoming a community interest company (CiC) in February this year we have taken the opportunity to take ownership of both our product and culture. As a growing company, we can offer the opportunity to come on board at this exciting time and be empowered to work together to grow your career and the company.
As a CiC our ambition is to proactively engage with our community. This means IIP foster strong relationships, not only to support individual businesses but as a benefit to the wider business community.
As the Delivery partner for Wales, N. Ireland, Ireland, South and International, this is a unique and diverse role. You will primarily be office based and on the phone, but with the opportunity of meeting clients. You will nurture leads, providing high quality leads to our practitioner network as well as converting these into signed agreements for an assessment against the Investors in people Standard. This is an opportunity for a Business Development Executive to maximise the overall success of business.
As the Business Development Executive you will possess drive, passion and enthusiasm which will enable you to drive sales and provide a service that our client prides themselves upon. You will be part of a wider team contributing to the generation of new business, proactively following up opportunities for new business.
You will have developed your sales experience over the phone and face to face, be confident at presenting or delivering workshops as a means of ‘one to many’ sales.
Contribute to development of a strategy on how to best reach new business across such a wide and diverse territory.
This is a high-profile product, and as such offers a significant opportunity for you to develop this into a strategic role.
Key responsibilities include
- Engage all inbound new business enquiries within agreed SLAs
- Contribute to reporting procedure and monthly reports on new business across both territories for all new business
- Provide feedback for and working with internal teams to support the development of systems used in the sales process to ensure they are appropriate for business need
- Provide support to help develop and create sales collateral for use by practitioners and internal team
- Arranging and managing renewal appointments for larger clients
- Working with marketing team to create messaging and engagement strategy for new clients
- Help develop the nurture program using existing digital platform and exploring assets required and needed
The Successful Applicant
You will need the ability to work under your own initiative to coordinate and negotiate with a diverse set of customers, focusing on profitable sales growth. Your close liaison with our Practitioner network will ensure that opportunities, enquiries and quotations are managed in a professional, timely and structured manner.
Reporting into the Team Leader and working closely with the other team members, you will contribute to the sales strategy and deliver against new business sales targets. The role is unique in its broad remit and will require discipline to focus on the relevant strategies at the relevant times. You will work with clients who will range from large corporates through to rapidly expanding SME's. An office based role, you will target clients initially creating interest, maximizing the attendance at our workshops and providing support at these events. Your telephone sales skills will be key to agreeing the proposal direct with the client where the opportunity presents itself or arranging appointments for our Practitioner network who are responsible for delivering the work.
You will receive extensive product training but will have to draw on your sales and client account management experience to develop this into a successful revenue generating role. Successful candidates will display the breadth of skills to take a sale from initial enquiry to becoming an accredited organisation against the Investors in People Standard.
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays)
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
- Annual team bonus
- Open plan offices, centrally located in London next to Victoria station and equipped with a host of on-site facilities including a gym and staff restaurant
- Free tea and coffee, fruit and a regular supply of cake
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 37-hour week
- Commitment to learning and development
- Flexible working
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you're interested in the role to Charlotte Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org