Location: London, close to Victoria station
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Investors in People (IIP) is the Standard for people management. In 2017, IIP was established as a Community Interest Company. We’re here to shape a working world where employers, employees and the community succeed by understanding the value of investing in people.
Through our accreditation process we seek out organisations’ needs and motivations and explore the areas key to successful people management, designing products that deliver insight and value to organisations across the world.
Following the launch of a new employee engagement survey as part of IIP’s core assessment journey in 2015, we are continuing to develop our digital offer, alongside redefining the way organisations interact and engage with the Investors in People Standard.
The employee engagement survey allows us to gather the views of employees against the Investors in People Framework, focusing on nine key indicators, with twenty-seven themes that sit below these. You can find out more about the Investors in People Framework and supporting performance model here.
The survey includes a mandatory base set of 38 questions, and organisations are then able to add additional questions to delve deeper into specific areas of people management of interest to them, for example Health & Wellbeing and Diversity & Inclusion.
As well as the ability to provide free text responses, employees’ answers are captured using a 7 point Likert scale (strongly agree – strongly disagree). Question data is captured against all areas of the framework to provide both an overview of an organisation and a more detailed analysis at the theme level. Since the survey was launched we have recorded over 2 million question responses.
Utilising the data that we have collected through the survey, we are now in a strong position to begin to use this to measure and inform people management practice across the IIP network and externally.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to build a strategy to improve both the data that we record and how we use it, aiming to inform a view of people management trends both for the IIP community and more widely. This role will play a vital part in realising the potential of the insight we capture, enabling IIP to stay ahead of the curve as a leader in reporting key people management trends.
Key responsibilities and outputs:
Working with teams across the business, but most notably the PR and product teams, the key output of this work will be to define a data strategy through exploring how we can leverage our survey data, with the goal to inform people management practice across our network and, in future, on a national scale.
Key responsibilities include:
- Exploring IIP’s data collated on key people management areas, identifying data trends useful to an external audience. This will involve manipulating, analysing and interpreting complex data sets.
- Preparing data reports for internal and external audiences.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to fully understand data content.
- Advice and procedures for data reporting going forward.
- Advise on data validation and cleansing.
- A data strategy output to sit alongside the product and PR/ brand strategy.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and familiarity with other relational databases (e.g. CRM – dynamics would be useful)
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques.
- The capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows.
- The ability to carry out data quality control, validation and linkage.
- An understanding of data protection issues.
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of HR / People Analytics and experience connecting HR data to business performance.
- Knowledge of statistical and analytics programmes (eg. SPSS)
- Knowledge of manipulating machine learning models.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you're interested in the role to email@example.com. Please state your day rate within your application, the length of this contract will be discussed with potential candidates.