About Investors in People
Investors in People (IIP) is the Standard for people management. In 2017, IIP was established as a Community Interest Company. We’re here to shape a working world where employers, employees and the community succeed by understanding the value of investing in people.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our growing Product team based in Victoria, London. Product development at Investors in People starts and ends with the customer. We seek out needs and motivations and explore the areas key to successful people management, designing products that deliver insight and value to organisations across the world.
Following the launch of a new employee engagement survey as part of IIP’s core assessment journey in 2015, we are continuing to develop our digital offer, alongside redefining the way organisations interact and engage with the Investors in People Standard. Working in an agile development environment, we are adaptable, critical and constantly looking towards our next product evolution.
The purpose of this role is to manage the development and delivery of existing and new products to meet the needs of our current and future clients. This role will play a vital part in realising our product vision, staying ahead of the curve, and improving Investors in People’s digital offer.
- Accountable to the Head of Product for delivering high quality digital solutions
- Manage our external team of developers from design to delivery
- Translate business requirements into accurate user stories for the development team to implement
- Maintain high quality standards of all software we develop, with thorough testing and release strategies in place
- Manage development priorities and our development backlog to ensure timely delivery in line with the overall product strategy
- Investigate, assess and manage implementation of future technologies
- Contribute to the Digital Product strategy in collaboration with the rest of the product team
- Ensure that technical implications and impact are effectively communicated to the product team and relevant internal stakeholders
- Support other members of the product team to respond to technical queries and trouble-shoot bugs where necessary
The successful candidate:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative and committed team player who can working confidently across a range of disciplines, functions and teams to problem solve and get the job done.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Product and Product Managers, helping to build strategic products that inspire our customers, solve problems, and improve performance in people management. You’ll have an innovative mindset, a keen eye for the detail, and a passion for delivering quality products.
- You will have a passion to produce work of outstanding quality and reliability
- You will be the link between the business and technology, with strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- You will have an eye for detail and always maintain the highest quality in everything you deliver
- You’ll be an innovative and logical thinker, with a passion for problem-solving
- You will understand customer needs, using customer data to make informed decisions about our products
- You will be able to break down our product vision into steps that drive product development at speed
- You will be a strong team player who enjoys working with different stakeholders in a fast paced, agile environment
- You will be resilient in the face of challenge, failure and constant change
- You will be tenacious and want to get stuck into every aspect of the customer journey
Ultimately, we are looking for someone that is excited as we are about the future of Investors in People.
Experience & Skills
- Strong previous experience (at least 2 years) in a Product Manager, Business Analyst or Product Owner role in a fast paced, agile development team
- Display evidence of strong strategic and analytical skills, with an excellent approach to problem solving
- An ability to understand and identify customer needs
- Experience of working collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Commercially driven, with an appreciation of how distinct products fit together to meet business needs and an understanding of how projects reflect current business priorities
- Excellent budget management skills
- CSPO certified (highly desirable)
- A genuine interest in the impact of great people management (highly desirable)
- Experience with Drupal/PHP development environments
- HR technology/people analytics experience
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Pivotal tracker, JIRA etc.)
- Understanding of UX principles
- Design experience / Abode Creative Cloud (especially InDesign/Illustrator)
- A competitive salary with annual team bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays) (increasing by 1 day annually up to 30 days)
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Open plan offices, centrally located in London next to Victoria station and equipped with a host of on-site facilities including a gym and staff restaurant
- Free tea and coffee, fruit and a regular supply of cake
- 37-hour week
- Commitment to learning and development
- Flexible working including the ability to work from home
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you're interested in the role to Grace Connolly: email@example.com