They invest in people...
1. Leading and inspiring people. Leaders are trusted members of the company. They clearly communicate the company’s objectives and motivate and inspire people to work towards them.
2. Living the organisations’ values and behaviours. Everyone, at every level works with the company’s values in mind all the time. And they have the courage and support to challenge anyone who isn’t doing the same.
3. Empowering and involving people. There’s a culture of trust and responsibility in the company. Each person feels ownership over their role, and empowered to make decisions.
4. Managing Performance. Leaders and people alike set the right objectives, track their progress and act on other people’s feedback.
5. Rewarding and recognising high performance. The company rewards people when they do well. People feel motivated to always do their best work.
6. Structuring work. Each role is designed in a way that works towards the company’s objectives, is rewarding and encourages collaboration.
7. Building capability. Leaders develop their people and make sure they’re given everything they need to thrive at work. And the company hires the right people, at the right time, for the right roles.
8. Delivering continuous improvement. The company is always looking for ways to improve. Leaders will look beyond their industry for inspiration, and any new approaches they find are welcomed by a culture that encourages innovation.
9. Creating sustainable success. Leaders are aware of how the world around their company is changing over time, and are making the right internal changes to not just keep up, but stay ahead.