When users visit the website, IIPCIC may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about visits to the website, including the IP address of the users’ computer and which browser was used to view the website, the users’ operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site the user came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information entered, advertisements seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of the website or enhance the experience for users. While most of the time this information is depersonalised, if this information relates to an identifiable individual, IIPCIC will treat this information as personal information. IIPCIC may also, without limitations, collect and use the following type of information when users visit and/or interact with IIPCIC on the website:
- Google Analytics: IIPCIC uses Google Analytics which allows it to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Users may opt-out of IIPCIC’s use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- HubSpot: IIPCIC uses HubSpot which allows it to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. However, this information is not depersonalised and users may not opt-out of IIPCIC’s use of HubSpot.
- Google AdWords: IIPCIC uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise IIPCIC across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the website. AdWords remarketing will display ads to users based on what parts of the IIPCIC website they have viewed by placing a cookie on the users’ web browser. It could mean that IIPCIC advertises to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on the site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify the user or give access to the users’ computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that the user has visited a particular page on the website, so that they may show the user ads relating to that page. If users do not wish to participate in Google AdWords Remarketing, they can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
- MixPanel IIPCIC will collect information regarding IP Address and Browser Information, Pixel Tags, Browser Local Storage and Mobile Services through cookies stored on your browser.
- Hotjar IIPCIC uses Hotjar that stores first-party cookies on your browser.
- Mandrill IIPCIC uses Mandrill as an email infrastructure service offered as an add-on for MailChimp to send personalised, automated emails. This information is not depersonalised, requiring some data to complete accurate and personalised email sending, however users are able to contact the IIP team confidentially should they wish to opt out.
- ClickDimentions We use a Customer Relationship Management service called “Click Dimensions”. This system sets cookies in your browser to enable us to understand user behaviour, improve our service and provide users with more relevant information. For more information about Click Dimensions please visit their website.
- Privacy Policies of other Websites. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information by IIPCIC. Other websites that may be accessible through the website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices.